There are a variety of factors that can cause your eyelashes to fall out after walking out of the salon. In many cases, investing in a good bottle of lash sealer can help to retain your fresh set of eyelash extensions.
What does an eyelash extension sealer do?
Imagine what top-coat nail polish does for a manicure. That’s what eyelash lash sealer does for eyelash extensions. The basic function of a lash sealant is to form a barrier to protect against the elements that break down the lash glue.
This 'sealed effect' helps to create maximum retention as well as to prevent extensions twisting.
I was instructed not to put anything on extension lashes. Why is this different?
Unlike other cosmetic products, a lash sealant is a water-soluble, oil-free, functional aftercare product that prolongs the retention of lash extension.
How does wearing a lash sealer affect the look of lash extensions?
Because of the character of its material, wearing an eyelash sealant will add a slight shine to the look of lash extensions (however, almost not visible to eyes).
Our Black Diamond Coating Sealant contains Gardenia Florida fruit extract- which naturally adds deep black color to our sealant as well as being a powerful antioxidant.
Thanks to this wonderful natural ingredient, our sealant adds deeper black color to the lash extensions- which will make your lashes look more defined.
When I look for a lash sealer, is there anything I should watch out for?
There are a few lash coating sealers are available but see if the one you’re about to buy has added benefits for lash growth!
If you’re trying to invest in a lash aftercare product, get ONE product that has multiple benefits (prolongs retention + lash strengthen + promote lash growth).
Our worldwide best-selling Black Diamond Coating Sealant addresses solves specific problems salon professionals and lash clients' experience with eyelash extension retention.
The Black Diamond lash sealant is formulated with proven ingredients like allantoin, hyaluronic acid, essential B Vitamins to ensure your natural eyelashes get the hydration, protein, and vitamins they need.
Not only that, packed with earthy natural ingredients from Eastern medicine with proven results derived from thousands of years of research and use, but Black Diamond Coating Sealant is also a holistic aftercare product you can use for long-term lash health and beauty.
Frequently Asked Questions about Eyelash extension Sealer (FAQ)
Do you have a clear lash sealer, too?
Yes, our Crystal Drop Coating Sealant is a clear color and great for use when you have color lash extensions. It is made with the almost same ingredients as Black Diamond Coating Sealant.
The only difference is, Crystal Drop Coating Sealant doesn't contain 'Gardenia Florida Fruit Extract'- the natural black dye component that gives Black Diamond Coating Sealant that gorgeous dark tint.
When can I start using the eyelash sealer?
Eyelash extension adhesive can still be in their curing phase even after 24~36 hrs. We recommend starting using eyelash extension coating sealant 2~3 days after the treatment to make sure it doesn't cause any blooming effect.
Can I use the lash sealer on my volume lash, too?
Many people believe that the coating sealant can only be used on the classic lash extension but in fact, you can absolutely use the coating sealant on the volume lashes, too. Make sure you apply a light coat on the lashes and brush them thoroughly with a fresh mascara brush afterward so your lashes don't stick to each other.
How do I apply the coating sealant?
Same as how you'd apply mascara! Apply it evenly on the eyelash but avoid contacting your eye line. (It's tricky to clean the coating sealant when applied on the eye line!) Once applied, brush them well with a dry lash wand.
Extra Tips when using an eyelash extension sealer:
- When you apply a lash extension sealant, it will temporarily create this ‘wet lash’ look. That’s totally normal. It is important to use a new, dry lash wand to spread the lash sealer all over the extensions (and volume fans especially) so the extensions don’t stick together.
- Don't apply a sealant all the way onto your skin (lashline) but give it about 2~3mm room from the lash root. (It's really tricky to clean the coating sealant when applied on the lash line!)
- Just like any other water-based aftercare product, we recommend our lash clients using a coating sealant 48 hours after the lash extension application when the lash adhesive is completely cured.
- In case you want to apply a sealant onto your client’s fresh lash set at the end of the service, avoid applying the sealant to the part where the adhesive is applied.
- Lastly, if applying a sealant at the end of the service is part of your salon’s application routine, we recommend you to use a “brush-tip” lash coating sealant, instead of a “mascara-tip” lash coating sealant. Using one mascara type lash coating sealant on several clients’ lashes carries a risk of cross-contamination if any of your clients has an infection. So, wet a new, fresh lash wand by using a brush-tip sealant and use the lash wand on a client.
- Once opened and used, the recommended shelf-life for one bottle is 6 months.
This blog is protected by copyright law. Reproduction or rewriting without permission is strictly prohibited.